http:// boar.org.uk/ariwxo3PGCastleBytham.htm Latest edit 23 Sep 2007.
Interactive version ©2007 R.J.PENHEY
The Bourne Archive
The Parliamentary Gazetteer’s Summary of Castle Bytham, 1843.
Bytham (Castle), a parish in the wapentake of Beltisloe, parts of Kesteven, union of Bourn, county of Lincoln; 5 miles south by west from Cooby [sic], comprising the chapelry of Holywell with Awnby, and the hamlet of Counthorpe; east of the Great north road. Living, a vicarage annexed to the rectory of Little-Bytham. There are here two daily schools, one of which is allowed £25 per annum out of an estate belonging to the parish, and two Sunday schools. Pop., in 1801, 506 ; in 1831, 781. Houses 129. Acres 776. A. P. £6,056. Poor rates, in 1837, £358.