BoAr: Morton: Parliamentary Gaz
http://boar.org.uk/ariwxo3PGMorton.htm Latest edit 2 Feb 2009.
Interactive version ©2007 R.J.PENHEY
The Bourne Archive
The Parliamentary Gazetteer’s Summary of Morton
& Hanthorpe, 1843.
Morton, a parish in Aveland wapentake,
parts of Kesteven, union of Bourn, county of Lincoln ; 2½ miles north of Bourne [sic]. The parish
includes the hamlet of Hanthorpe or Harmthorpe. Living, a
discharged vicarage with that of Haconby in the archd. and dio. of Lincoln; rated at £9 1s. 10½d. : gross income £280. Tithes commuted in 1768. Patron, the bishop of Lincoln.
Here are 5 daily schools, one of which is endowed with £10 per annum. Acres 3,390. Houses 148. A. P. £3,578. Pop., in
1801, 603 ; in 1831, 842. Poor
rates, in 1838, £98 8s.
Parliamentary Gazetteer Title Page Version for printing Archive Contents